I, along with many of my comrades, do not like homework. I bring up the subject after I have to cram my chapter studying for AP Geo along with Honors English homework due tonight. First of all, yes, I am a bit of a discriminator, but I don't really try to do it on purpose. Over the weekend, I am repetitively forgetting completely about school work, because I believe that school was made for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Weekends were given to us so we can relax and go on vacation and hang out with friends and do whatever we want for two days. So, being myself, the weekend starts and my brain is not on school.
Then, Monday rolls around and I have totally forgotten about the test I have on Tuesday and the English homework due at midnight. I know I'm kind of discriminating my homework right now, but I have to do this while it's reeking havoc in my brain. I'm kind of freaking out now because I hate the English essay we have to do. It's a research project based on a book. Yes, we got a selection of which book we wanted, but it was a very limited selection and none of the books were down my alley. I hated the book and now I have to do a research essay on the topic. How wonderful.
I realize my English teacher may or may not read this post, but either way, I'm simply telling the truth.
Back to homework, I don't see why we have to go to school, to come back home to do more schoolwork! I wouldn't mind as much if they put aside the last hour or hour and a half for kids to do their homework before they go home, and if they finish early they can play games or read or something. But going home, being released from the devil's clutches, only to realize you aren't really free. It's not fair.
Not to mention I have other things in my life, too. Marching band (although the season is over so...), reading, yearbook club, TV, social life, family life, chores (if I can't get away without it), writing (I'm kind of an author.), playing (I will be a kid forever, deal with it), and a lot of other stuff. Then there are a lot of other stuff in the world. Many people are jam packed with stuff like sports, after-school activities, clubs, traditions, work, school, homework, chores, resting, relaxing, drawing, sleeping, reading, writing, caring for pets, playing, shopping, eating, exercise, crafts, fixing stuff, spending time with family and friends, there's a list that can go on forever.
I actually have a funny quote that fits perfectly with this situation:
![]() |
*this is the part where I realize there are exactly twenty-four pictures, which is enough for half an hour for each picture, then you realize you only spend two and a half hours under the period of "sleep"* o-o
Don't forget, there are a lot of people who are jamming in all sorts of other stuff into that circle. The picture doesn't include after-school activities or chores (although I guess you can consider chores as assignments).
I'm not really sure how else to get my point across. That, and I've got homework to do. I'll be going then.
How To Be A Band Geek:
Rule #7: Discriminate. Who cares unless it's band related, anyway?

No comments:
Post a Comment