SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

I'm kind of self-conscious... LOL JK WHO CARES ANYWAY

So I have been posting a lot since this blog started. And I have a perfectly good explanation: because I'm stuck in bed with nothing else to do. I haven't been going anywhere, not that my mom would be too thrilled about it because my sickness is only just going away. *tests capability to swallow without dying* OMG I'M FREE! I feel so much better since Friday and I think I'll be totally fine by tomorrow. I still have a tight feeling in my throat, but I think that's because it's been sore and it's got to just get over itself and go back to normal. Yawning and swallowing and talking is no longer a problem!
Oh, back to the topic. I really am kind of self-conscious, but isn't everyone? I'm pretty sure all of you reading this, and everyone you know, and everyone they know, and everyone they know and so on, has one tiny little thing about themselves that bothers them. For me, sometimes more than others, my giant attitude is what gets me down. Only, it's not giant all the time. At random moments, I will be totally loud, this is 98% of the time in front of my friends, so I can be a weirdo and have it totally brush off because my friends are all so kind enough as to not care what stupid things I do sometimes.
When I'm in the middle of a class with no friends however, I am like an owl. Hooting on occasion, and only to answer a question.
Teacher: "Danielle, what's the answer?" -not my AP Geo, Bio, Band, Percussion, Art, or Math teachers because I have friends in those classes. Not Spanish, because she'd ask me a question in Spanish.
Me: "HOOOOO." <--*owl sounds*
Teacher: "Uh... No... Owls are irrelevant." (unless there's something in Bio and we're learning about owls, which we haven't so far...)
Me: "Rawr." <-- The actual correct answer, or some dimwit answer I came up with on the spot because I wasn't paying attention. Most likely the actual correct answer because I bore myself so much that I force myself to pay attention... Not really I'm an angel student I pay attention no matter what. Actually, other than the time in Spanish on Friday with my sore throat I was getting really tired of it and I was tired in general and my hard-to-swallow thing wasn't helping so I started to fall asleep and my teacher snapped at me and I would've told her I had a sore throat... but I don't know how to say that in Spanish, and she would've snapped at me again if I told her in English.
So yeah. I'm self-conscious, but only sometimes. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? Okay that sounded totally random coming from me. So yeah... Awkwardness... Is really annoying! I wish everyone could be my friend then I could be a total wacko whenever I want, but not everyone is my friend, I'm significantly unpopular in my school, as a matter of fact, so if I do something stupid everyone will have my face attached to that totally random moment and they'll hang it over my head forever. I love being a weirdo. It's just me. I think I'm going to stop ranting now...

Oh, and my band could care less. As long as I shut up when we're at attention or playing... and when the teachers are talking... Let's just say I've been in band and marching band enough to know when the perfect time is to be a social butterfly... Although... I'm more of a social platypus. Epic fail and no one can really place me in a certain "group"... See what I'm saying? That's right. I'm a social platypus. Deal with it.
PERRY THE PLATYPUS:
From Phineas and Ferb on Disney XD
 AGENT P:
From Phineas and Ferb on Disney XD
 BABY PERRY THE PLATYPUS: (the best of them all)
From Phineas and Ferb on Disney XD
Yeah, so I'm going to end on Perry the Platypus.

How to be a Band Geek:
Rule #3: Become a social platypus.

No comments:

Post a Comment