So, while I'm being a bridesmaid or whatever, walking down the isle, I'm going to walk up... dressed in my Marching Band uniform!
It'll be so hilarious.
I'll march down the isle playing Forget Your Uptown Thriller or maybe Conga or one of our future marching band songs. Everyone will be staring at me like I'm a weirdo, then I'll turn and stand at attention for the rest of the ceremony. And, Rule #1 of Marching Band, when you're at attention, you are at attention. This means no smiling, no scratching, no weird faces, no weird hand things, no nothing. You stand there, and look straight forward. It'll be wonderful and everyone will think I seriously need a mental hospital.
![]() |
Oh, and I smashed together two photos to show you what it'll look like:
![]() |
| Wedding aisle photo: www.linentablecloth.com. Marching band person photo: www.parkrecord.com. Editing credit: me. Note: This -person marching- is not me, for I do not play the saxophone. |
My friend, Sam, and I were talking about Homecoming on the bus the other day. I told her I was never going to go. Then someone mentioned food, so I said I might go just to eat. Other random stuff, anyway, I ended up decided that I'd go and I'd be a weirdo and Sam's like, "When it's our turn to go to Homecoming, I don't know you that day, okay?" I was just smiling like a creep, "Aw, you'll know me. I'll know you. I'll make your date so scared of me he'll start being concerned for the presence of everyone in the room. It's okay, I'm a social butterfly! He'll be fine." Something like that.
You can probably tell: I am a total social butterfly. And I'm not weird. And I don't need a mental hospital. I'm popular, too. Yep. So popular.
I have, like, a whole, like, seven friends who go to my school.
Seven. Whole. Friends.
It's a mindblower, isn't it.
That's all for now, from the one and only, band geek/author/weirdo/creep/smart person/marching person/band person/percussion person/friend of seven people person/person trying to raise money to go to Hawaii person/sitting in my room with a sore throat person/yeah I'm probably going to stop now person/because you all are probably really annoyed at me now person/okay bye person.
-How To Be A Band Geek.
Rule #2: Love it so much that you're willing to completely embarrass yourself (and sacrifice the respect of others) so that you can show how much you love it. And you get to wear cool hats!


Please don't let that be my wedding. Crash Whitney's. At least she'll understand (because apparently she's in band and percussion isn't so...I'm out of the club XP)
ReplyDeleteI DO NOT AGREE
DeleteYeah I agree NOT MY WEDDING. And also... I might just hide from you at homecoming. If that's okay. XD
ReplyDeleteYes! Please crash my wedding! I won't mind. : )
ReplyDeleteYea crash Emma's wedding. Mine will probably be so weird that having a person in a marching band uniform playing forget your uptown thriller will have no effect on anyone because the groomsmen are going to be dressed like jedis or something crazy like that.
ReplyDelete