Well, this morning in Math, Ceci was working on a piece for her blog, which she has posted. I was very impressed with her computer skills, and, being myself, I wanted to give it a try. See, I'm don't have as much of a knack for computer art than I do for stuff on paper with pencil or paint and so forth. I've been trying to create a human all afternoon, but I can't draw people like I can animals. I can get a human on paper, but it's not always as good as it should be. I'm better at cartoon cats than anything else.
So you'll never guess what I'm about to show you. That's right, a computer-generated cartoon cat made by me. I was trying to do a person, but it ended up being a cat. It's in the first few computer stuff I've drawn, because I've tried before, and failed.
See, on YouTube, I have a deep and utter jealousy for the people who post those super wonderful speed paints, and while I watch I'm awed by their use of color and movement, and I sit there and curse the fact that I can't do that. I have no idea how they do it because they're doing things and clicking buttons so fast I can't keep up. It's hard to explain, but I wish I could do that. One of my favorite speed paints is this one. It's of Dovewing and Bumblestripe (characters from the Warriors series) and I'm so blown away by it and I just love it so much and I wish I could do that.
But, being myself, I tend to love a lot of things I make, even if there are mistakes that I can't undo I just somehow love them. For example, my mom was complaining about some of her work the other day, and showing me mistakes she's made on her pottery works and I just can't get over how much I love them. There's this one bowl, and part of the glaze came out of the kiln really rough and bumpy, and she doesn't like it, but when she showed me, I thought it was so cool! It's only a small portion and around the rim of the bowl, so I -with my sometimes crazy imagination- thought that it acted like sandpaper so if you put fruit in it would't fall out as easily!
I’m going to wrap this up, because I’m starting to rant on about nothing. So here’s my wonderful picture.
![]() |
| Copyright 2015. |
The colors are all dark and I don't think it really works, but that's just the way it is.
This bio follows the Warrior code and all around way of life in that series. Therefore, I am to give total credit to Erin Hunter.
Meet Ambershade from Shadowclan! Her pelt is dark so she blends in with the shadows of the plentiful and thick pine trees of her home. Her eyes are a shade of amber. She had a brother and a sister, but they died one leafbare from greencough along with her father and a few other of her clanmates. She has grown close to a bright little she-cat kit in the nursery and hopes to be her mentor when the brown tabby kit turns six moons old. Her best friend is Dappledstep, who keeps teasing her over Fallenstripe. Apparently everyone in the clan expects them to be mates, not that Ambershade is against it.
I don't know. I like coming up with characters all the time! Creating imaginary people -or in this case, cats- is so much fun! I do it all the time. I'm an author too, if you haven't previously known that.
So that's all for today. Sorry today's post isn't band-related at all. But I'm really random and my hobbies are a random group of stuff from all over the place.
-How to be a Band Geek

No comments:
Post a Comment