SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Band? Band! Forever & Always

So my good friend Emma just posted on her blog (also required by the same Honors English teacher) Just made me cry with her most recent post. She's so kind and she makes me feel like a not total idiot. I can't even describe the feelings that poured through my heart as I read her most recent post, What's The Point Of Band, Anyway?

BUT OTHER THAN THAT THIS PICTURE MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD.
Art Credit to Emma. On her post: What's the point of Band anyway?

There's sometime else I've got to tell you guys. It's about the picture...
AND OUR BAND TRIP TO HAWAII.
Our high school marching band has been selected through a process to be the embassadors for our state at the 75th Anniversary Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade. We are off to Hawaii on December 4th, 2016. Yes, you read this correct, 2016. It's just about fifteen months away and me and my friends haven't been able to stop talking about it! Pretty much every time I see them and remember, I go, "Hey, hey." And I'll elbow them a couple times, "Guess what?" Adding a moment of pause for that suspending emphasis sort of feeling. Before I totally break out chanting, "WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII! WE'RE GOING TO HAWAII!" There's like, a ceremonial dance and everything.
I see our trip everywhere! In all eight of my classes and in every passing person in the hallway. From our sketchbooks in art class -that have our marching band hats or musical instruments plastered to the front because band is too cool for school- and in my band friends who sit next to me in AP Geo, Bio, Math, Art -like I said, band hats- Symphonic Band -duh-, and Percussion. I am reminded of it in this blog for English and think about it in Spanish class.
It's everywhere for me. And I can't even really tell you how. It just is.
Anyway, all my band friends's parents aren't exactly keen on paying for the very expensive trip it is to go. But we all refuse to not go. It's the biggest honor and is a once in a lifetime opportunity. And, honestly, who wouldn't want to go? It's Hawaii, and, even better, and trip to Hawaii with all our Marching Band friends. It'll be a blast. And everyone knows it. (Even the Orch Dorks) (I'm sorry if I'm offending you, all you brilliant musically-gifted Orchestra players).
So yes.

Oh, and little heads up, I'm hoping that I can introduce you all to my wonderful band conductor, percussion teacher, drum major, and the rest of the band on Saturday.
You see... Friday, there's another football game. And that means Pep Band. But it's not no ordinary football game and it won't be no ordinary Pep Band. Friday, is the Homecoming Game. This is a super big deal for us, because the marching band preforms for the last time (until May, when we gather all the remaining high school bandies back together, along with the new 8th grade -going into 9th grade- recruits). I'm super excited and I refuse to not go! So this cold better move out or else! Because I'm going no matter what!

Maybe I'm telling you guys a little too much.
Me and my loud mouth.

Just another part of how to be a band geek.

1 comment:

  1. "Orch Dorks"??? Violin is awesome.
    Well, I'm happy for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete