SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Some Things, I'll Never Forget.

There really are some things that I hope to the world that I will never forget. Everything ranging from the small joys that I’m sure I will, even though I wish I wouldn’t, to the big things that are just a wonder. I don’t really know what to put for the small things, everything I can think of are the big things, because the small things may seem insignificant, but really aren’t. So I’m going to list some of the big things, which include, but are not limited to: my friends, my teachers (especially Mr. Taylor and Mr. Hughes), my pets, my family (when they aren’t being totally annoying), holidays (who doesn’t like holidays?) and more.
Let’s get to the point I was actually going to tell you about:
Last night was the final countdown of this year's marching band. I was so excited to get out of the Pep Band stands and go prepare for our show. Although, the sooner it got, the more scared I became. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't seriously freaking out, but being scared is fun sometimes. Guess I was trying to cover up how nervous I was. I was trying not to flip out, so I was singing and stuff to get my brain in the zone. Then it starts.
It all blew over so fast I can't even describe it. It was so astonishing, how quickly it was over with.
I loved it. So now I miss it. As soon as we got back inside to change out of our uniforms to go back to Pep Band, I was practically begging for time to go back so I could do it again and again and again. I'm going to miss marching band. A lot.
Until May. That's eight months from now. That's a long time without marching in the band and having so much fun burning in the sun with all my friends.
At least I can look forward to next year. If there are any eighth grade clarinet players who join, I shall call them my mini me's and they shall thrive under my wing. Not really. I'm not that creepy. But I can't wait to meet all the new kids, because I was once the new kid. I won't be anymore, not when May rolls around. I can't believe my first marching band season has rolled over that quickly. I can remember those first few days in Band Camp with everyone, learning how to do the simplest things like mark time and take a step.
Moving on.
Homecoming was so much fun. We sang and danced and played until it was well past dark. Speaking of Homecoming, I've been saving a few funny band jokes for this event! Here you go:
laranga.deviantart.com
www.cafepress.com
Marching Band: One day, football will be played at halftime.

Football is a sport
Marching Band is SERIOUS.

That awkward moment… when you realize the marching band works harder than the football team.

A band is not proud because it preforms well; it preforms well because it is proud.”

Marching Band: What is the football team doing on our field?
www.pinterest.com


How To Be A Band Geek:

Rule #6: Kick The Football Team Off The Field...And cry when it's over.

1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun!!! I am going to miss it too :'(

    ReplyDelete