Let’s get two things straight. One, you do not want to go to Pep Band on an empty stomach. Two, even if you go to Pep Band with a full stomach, going without food is a very lethal plan. I’ve been to enough Pep Rallies to know this very well. With about five hours away from home, and not even five minutes to stand in the long line for food at half time, there’s no way you’ll make it if you’re a hungry little girl like I am.
For last Friday's Pep Rally, my friends and I were very hard -in a sarcastic, friendly way- on each other to bring food for the game. We always get really hungry and thirsty by the end because we're there for a full four hours straight with no time to go buy food and water from the concession stand. Since we're constantly playing and screaming and having so much fun.
I was going to go to a festival my old elementary school was having, win a cake or cupcakes on the Cake Walk, and then head over to Pep Band and share, but my mom decided I wasn't go to either of those things and my dad wouldn't let me because my mom wouldn't let me.
So, I just made cookies anyway. Who said I couldn't have a little baking fun over my weekend? I'm feeling a lot better than I did two days ago, and tomorrow I'm going to bring, like, five *cough cough hundred cough don't tell my parents cough* for all of my band buddies. That makes it okay to take tons of cookies to school, right??? Yeah...
I wish I took pictures while I was baking, but I didn't. My hands were covered in cookie dough the whole time. Anyway, they're going to taste so good! (I hope) And I can't wait to share them with my friends.
I'm really sad that I can't upload food for you all to download.
Which reminds me:
Yep.
Well, since I can't give you all real cookies. We'll have to live with virtual cookies.
Enjoy!
How to be a Band Geek:
Rule #4: Bring food to Pep Band so you don't starve to death. (and you get more friends because they're all starving -if they're stupid and didn't bring food...unless they ate so much beforehand that they're not hungry all through the game...so just feed the hungry kids. Make friends...although since your in band everyone should already be your friend... Bands are families... yeah... just bring the food/drinks already.) Don’t starve to death because you have more Pep to be doing! If you pass out, game over, man. No more pep games, no more marching band, no more percussion, no more anything. Not even just the band stuff. Now it’s making me sad because. Wow. I just got shivers. I legit just thought of what would happen if I got run over by a car on my way to the bus stop tomorrow. No more band… no more percussion… no more pep band or marching band. No more band friends and no more Halloween. No more Christmas. I wouldn’t be able to go to Hawaii next year with all my friends!!!! Now I’m bummed. But that’s not going to happen! I have faith in myself and my friends and my awesome band/percussion teachers to stay alive! Permanently! So I don’t have to worry about all that jazz (haha, get it, Mr. Taylor teaches 8-12 graders in all sorts of jazz, including Junior Varsity and Varsity Jazz).
Okay. I’m going to restate Rule #5 because I got carried away…
How to be a Band Geek:
Rule #4: Bring food to Pep Band. So you don’t starve to death. Don’t starve to death. Just don’t.


Thank you for the virtual cookie. It was delicious.
ReplyDeleteYeah. Although I'm sure that the real cookies will be delicious tomorrow, right? *hint hint wink wink* ;D
ReplyDeleteWell I'm bringing either brownies, snickerdoodles, or banana bread. (or a couple of each ;))
ReplyDeleteShould I do a jazz appreciation post? LOL I probably won't, but anyway... :) Jazz is cool music. I'm sure you know that.
ReplyDelete