SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 30th

It's Halloween!
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow is Saturday. Saturday, October 31st, 2015. Me and all my friends are extremely excited to go trick-or-treating together. Like we do every year. I think it's because of my friends that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Without them, I would be stuck walking around town with my (no offense) pretty slow sister and parents.
Let's not get too into tomorrow right now, because right now is today. Let's get into that. Today is Friday, October 30th, 2015. Every year, pretty much every school in the Park City School District (as far as I can tell) encourages every student to wear their Halloween costumes to school on the day of Halloween. In our case, Halloween is on a Saturday, so we were instead encouraged to wear our costumes the day before, when we do have school.
Right now, I sit in my seat in Honors English, wearing my super cool white dress, ripped tights, black flats with bows on the toes, and lace gloves. My hair is in two pigtails, one with the tips colored bluish-green and the other with the tips colored pink. My mom was so kind as to wake up at six in the morning to help me do my makeup. I am very grateful.
I woke up half an hour earlier today to prepare my costume for school. It wasn't that bad, because I actually woke up three hours beforehand. For some random reason, I woke up at 2:30 in the morning, and I sat there for what seemed like forever. I think I might've fallen back asleep after an hour of tossing and turning and no sleep, but I don't really remember.
After getting up, eating breakfast, packing my bag, getting dressed, getting make up on, and spray painting my hair, I was finally ready to go to the bus stop.
Let's go back to Monday. For some random reason, it got really cold, really fast. I shivered all the way down to the bus stop, needing a beanie and gloves to keep myself from getting hypothermia. My fingers were still cold. So then, I realize how unhelpful my costume is going to be in the cold weather. I was horrified. But, thankfully, my daddy agreed to drive me down to the bus stop this morning. Both of my parents went out of their way so I could comfortably wear my costume to school today, and I wish they were here right now so I could thank them once again. It means a lot to me.
Let's continue. When I got to the bus stop, I got out of the car. Only one person had already arrived. My friend, Lexi, who came on a student exchange with me to Costa Rica over the past summer. We stood together until the other people started coming up. First came Sam, and her sister Lauren. Then the other Danielle. Yes, there is another Danielle, who even goes to my bus stop. It's always fun when someone says our name because I always try to answer when it's supposed to be her, and I think I can say the same vice versa.
Sam and Lauren are Blinky and Inky from Pac Man this year. (Every year, their family chooses a theme for Halloween, then they are all matching. It's very cute.) Anyway, when we all got on the bus, Sam and Lauren showed me how they can pull up their costumes over their heads to get the full affect (they're not allowed to wear the costumes like that at school because of the no mask rule, and their costumes count as masks because you cannot really see their faces when they wear the costumes like that it) it's kind of sad, because I was cracking up when they pulled their costumes over their heads while the bus stops at the other stops and everyone loads on. They looked so hilarious, just sitting there with matching costumes that are just so funny.
I haven't seen my friend, Nina, today, and I won't get to at all. She has to be at the high school first period, so the fifteen minutes I have before class, when we all usually get together, she wasn't there. So I'll have to fill you in some other time, because I'll see her tomorrow, on the actual Halloween. Then there's Whitney. She was originally going to be a werewolf, but the one costume she determined good enough wasn't going to get here until November 1st, and that wasn't going to be very useful, the day after Halloween. So she had to pick out something else. She never told me what it was, and so today, she did end up wearing her costume, and so I think her costume is really cool. It's a full body sort of footy pajama styled dog. I think it's so cute.
I've also seen my friends, Emma and Emily. Emma is being "herself" for Halloween, at least, that's what she calls it. I prefer to think of her as a "marcher". She went out, bought a red sweater, and printed glitter on it so that it has a small trumpet, music note, and the PCHS Marching Band shako on it. It also says "I love Band". Or something like that. She also put two blue stripes on either of the sleeves. She looks so sparkly! It's epic!
Then Emily is being Artemis for Halloween. She looks more like she could be any of the Greek Goddesses, but I will respect her decision to be Artemis, and so I shall call her so. She's wearing a long white dress, unlike my short white dress, and a white fur coat sort of thing. She put glitter across her cheekbones and has a sort of silver gem headdress on the top of her head.
Those are all the friends I've seen who is wearing a costume today. Happy Halloween Eve!

Here's a picture from All Halloween Images. Halloween cats are my favorite!
How To Be A Band Geek:
Rule #11: Keep trick-or-treating. (Just act natural and no one notices that you're a Freshman doing a little kid holiday).

No comments:

Post a Comment