SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Monday, November 2, 2015

This is Halloweeen

Hello, everyone! I realize that it is two days after Halloween, but I spent all that time with my friends. (And when I got home on November 1st I totally spaced and was doing other stuff). Anyway, here I am! Let's start on Saturday. At 5:00pm, I show up at my friend's house. We always trick-or-treat together because there is this neighborhood party that goes on every year and so me and some of my friends are a part of this neighborhood.
So when I first get there, Whitney has already arrived. (Then, of course, Sam is there because it's her house). I dump my stuff upstairs. Then, becoming quickly bored, we all head downstairs to play Just Dance and Rock Band until our friend, Nina, showed up and it became time to go trick-or-treating. We all head out, with our costumes on and bags in hand, into the still not so dark late afternoon early night.
All is normal, ringing doorbell after doorbell, getting candy. There were a few houses where we decided to speak in all Spanish, just to confuse the people who lived there. "Truco o trato!" These words are Spanish, and translate to the English words, popular to call out in the Halloween tradition, "Trick or treat!"
There was one house that had a ride. It didn't look like one at first, so let's start from when we approach the house. We're walking down their driveway, heading for the doors, when someone in a costume that, to me, looked like the Grim Reaper, asked if we wanted a ride. I, zooming down their slightly sloped driveway towards the candy, refused. After getting candy, and walking back towards the person to leave, we realize he had taken his mask off. He was talking to another guy as we approached, telling the older man that we are his friends. Only then did I realize that this is Austin. He rides my bus. Now knowing that I won't be kidnapped during the ride, I was hastily convinced to ride with Sam, being there enough room to squish two people inside. Hopping inside, Austin recited something along the lines of: "Throughout the duration of the ride, the coffin will shake, you will smell strange things, and a voice will tell you a story. If you wish to exit the ride before the finish, you may push up on the lid to stop the ride. Welcome to your last ride." And with that, Sam and I were shut inside the coffin. I'll admit, I was a little scared that I was going to die. I'm not the kind of person to enjoy haunted attractions, but I had faith, thanks to Sam's confidence and excitement. And simply trust in Austin that I won't die. After the ride actually started, I felt a lot better. We heard a sort of hissing sound, and soon after, the coffin was filled with a terrible stench. The coffin started jutting side to side and up and down a bit, throwing us around, as if someone was lowering us into the hole where people are buried, I guess. Sam and I were laughing so hard. It was just so funny to us for some reason. At one point, the ride stopped for a moment, and Sam asked if we died. In immediate reply, laughing sounded from the waiting Whitney and Nina outside. This caused us to laugh, as well. There was another time during the ride, where I decided to yell out, "AH!" Pause for dramatic affect, "Guys! I'm gonna die! My makeup is running!" For this would be almost true, because I was starting to feel water cluster in my eyes due to my excessive laughing, and the fact that I had makeup on (for, like, the second time since I quit ballet when I was, like, 5).
When our turn was over, we climbed out. Nina wanted to go, and tried to get Whitney to go with her, but Whitney didn't want to go, so Sam quickly volunteered to go back in. I instantly cursed her for stealing my chance to go again, but it was fun to watch my friends from the little TV that was next to the ride and talk to them while they jumped around and got that awful stench to cover them, as well. (The stench doesn't last long because it wasn't the kind of smell that sticks to your clothes like cobwebs).
Once finishing, we thanked Austin and took off to continue our hunt for more candy. We stopped by Nina's house, and I was hyper at that point in time, so when we busted into the house when Nina's sister answered the door, I started stealing a bunch of candy. Ha-ha. Whoops. After Nina did something (I don't remember what, but we had to wait a second for her to grab something or something), we left. Soon having to return for another reason, before finally leaving once again. We headed up the long, and pretty steep hill, stopping at every house, all the while coming closer and closer to my house, which was my goal.
Roughly ten stops from my house, Sam decided to jump a set of stairs. Sadly, she landed funky on her ankle, and couldn't walk very comfortably. In result, I drop my candy bag and charge (in a dress) straight down the now down-hill road to my house. I'm going so fast, and I have to admit, I'm proud of that. I remember the feeling. It was nice. Anyway, we ring on my doorbell like there's no tomorrow. And when my dad opens the door, Whitney and I jump in. He offers us candy, but we quickly decline because Sam's injury was more important.
I must say, we had seemingly convinced my parents that Sam had gotten shot or something, because it was slight chaos as Dad grabbed some stuff before he, Whitney and I all climbed into the car and we lead him towards Sam. Nina, who had stayed with Sam, grabs all the candy bags as Sam helps herself carefully into the ride. We are then taken back to Sam's house, where we all retire from trick-or-treating, and instead hang out playing Rock Band until then retreating to Sam's room to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, trade candy, eat candy, go hyper, and do other random stuff.
All in all, even though I didn't get as much candy as I had hoped for, it was a great Halloween and we all had fun.

I'd put a picture of me in my Halloween costume, but, sadly, I wasn't smart enough to take one. So, instead.

This is me on October 31st (aka Halloween):
Image from kkyr.com
 Versus, me on November 1st (aka the day after Halloween):
Image from Telegraph.co.uk

Yes. The reality of it is uncanny. One day, I will be surrounded by pumpkins and fake skeletons and people wearing costume and bags and bags of candy, then, next thing I know, everyone (including myself) will be head over heels with Christmas carols, already drafting their letters to Santa Claus. You know who you are.

Okay, maybe this is a little bit of a stretch in reality, but it's pretty accurate for a lot of people. Either way, it's funny.

-How To Be A Band Geek
Rule #12: Start preparing for the next holiday like there's no tomorrow. Why? Because soon enough, you'll be playing that holiday's songs for your instrument(s)... Unless you already started. That would be me and my friends. Both in band and percussion. Us music peps got holiday spirit! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment