SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious

SupercalifragilisticexpiBANDidocious. (su·per·ca·li·fra·gil·is·tic·ex·pi·BAND·i·do·cious)
Adjective: an extraordinary (wonderful) band or band experience, memory, thought, action, ect.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Halloween Stuff

Today is Monday, October 12th, 2015. I am very excited for today because today my mom comes back from the other side of the world to see her family. She didn’t bring me or my sister or even my dad because my sister and I both have to be in school and then Dad doesn’t trust us, or even me, the oldest, to stay home alone overnight or anything. It’s rediculous. Anyway, Mom’s coming home and there are so many things that have been stacking up over these past few weeks that I need to get her to help me do.
The first on this list, yes, is band related. After Mom left, I got the information from my band teacher on what to order in the ways of attire for concerts. Long story short it’s this long black dress with a red ribbon on it called the Hannah. Yes, the Hannah. This place names their dresses after people, girls specifically. It’s kind of random, but you know, I guess it works, so.
The second item on my list is my halloween costume. I spent so long debating over so many options. These options included, but weren’t limited to: greek goddess, Little Red Riding Hood, angel, half-angel half-devil, FBI Agent, and cat. Out of nowhere, I just decide I’m going to be a Broken Doll. The website that helped me brainstorm these ideas is halloweencostumes.com, but none of the costumes they offer really have the kind of edge I was looking for, so, being myself, I went total weirdo and sketched out my halloween costume. It’s in my sketchbook and I really like it. The only problem is going to be finding a pair of “cracked” leggings. I’ve got to find some that look like my legs are “cracked” so that I look broken because you know I’m being a broken doll so… Then my plan is to do my hair either blue or pink or both. You guys should all comment below what I should do for my hair because I honestly am still debating that.
I’m pretty sure I have some other things to do when Mom comes home, but I can’t think of anything else right now so I’m going to keep talking about Halloween.
Every year, three of my closest friends, who I have been friends with the longest since I moved here, and I go trick-or-treating together. It’s kind of tradition now, I guess. One of my friends is constantly running, and, being one of the more fit people of our group, not that any of us are unfit I just don’t like running that much, she’s always charging down the street like “FASTER!!!!” While the rest of us are like… “-_- We’re going to take a candy/water break now…”
Yeah. We’re all really good friends and it’s tons of fun.
So the original plan was that the four of us were going to do a corresponding outfits, because it’s always fun to be matching with your friends, but, one of my friends has a family tradition where they’re all corresponding, and another one of my friends totally went out and did corresponding with her older sister, then the last one and me were going to be Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, but Red Riding Hood just wasn’t my calling so I went and did my own thing. She was going to be the Big Bad Wolf, but the costume she would’ve gotten was going to arrive November 1, and that wouldn’t have been very useful so… She decided to get something else and she’s not telling me and so I’m kind of annoyed. -_-
So the three of us (who actually like each other enough to tell each other our costumes *cough cough Whitney*) are going to be: Blinky, from Pac Man; the Cheshire Cat, from Alice In Wonderland; and a broken doll, from my imagination land.
It’s a totally random combination of stuff, but Halloween is always fun and our totally nonexistent coronating costumes never stopped us from having just as much fun, so it’s all good.
Maybe next year we’ll end up doing corresponding. Maybe. I don’t know. That’s a whole year from now so it’s not worrying me right now. Although what is worrying me right now is the marching band trip to Hawaii, that’s over a year from now (we “came back” two days ago, fourteen months from now). But that’s because we’ve got to raise a whole ton of money in that time and Halloween costs next to nothing… Unless you’re the kind of family/person that goes totally all out and buys the scariest decorations and a whole ton of candy and stuff… I don’t know. My family (more specific my sister and I) enjoy Halloween a lot, but we’re not going totally all out because we live at the very top of our neighborhood and barely anyone walks/drives by and so there’s really no point in decorating the house very much. Although, somehow, I do convince my parents to buy candy for the kids who don’t come by to our house trick-or-treating because it’s just a lot of fun to just eat that candy ourselves. Muahahaha. I am evil.
Then, after a whole ton of trick-or-treating, we come back and we all trade candy until our parents force us to go back home. This year, since Halloween is on a Saturday, I’m hoping to have a sleepover with my friends so we can stay up all night trick-or-treating and me going completely hyper on candy, but we’re still waiting for permission and stuff… Then I feel kind of rude because I’m not planning on having it at my house and so it’s kind of rude on my behalf… But you can’t blame a girl for wanting to hang out with her friends on Halloween, right?
So I did have this other idea for my costume, and it involves band *yay*. It would’ve been so awesome if I could’ve worn my marching band uniform around on Halloween because my marching band uniform is so awesome and I’m just so proud to be a member of the band and I like it so much and I’m going to stop this continued sentence. But I would’ve gotten food all over the jacket and pants and gloves and the plume would’ve blown off sometime during the trick-or-treating. Besides that, I already checked it in for the year so sad face.

This is the sketch I made to show what I am going to make for Halloween:
Copyright 2015
Sorry it's a little hard to see.

How to be a Band Geek:
Rule #9: Wish you could wear your marching band uniform but you know you can’t because a) it’d get ruined from running place to place and you’d end up losing the plume and stuff and b) because you already turned it in for the year *sigh*.

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY I'm so excited for Halloween too! And sorry if I "totally went out" and decided to be the cheshire cat but I think we're going to have a lot of fun even if we aren't corresponding! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote that you do your hair both pink and blue, it would look really cool. Also, it's actually not all that weird to draw your costume out, I've done it every year before making mine! P.S. No, I still don't know what to be for Halloween. I will think of something no matter how last-minute it is. :)

    ReplyDelete