The one part I really want to play for Bailando la Soca is the drumset. Mr. Hughes announced on Monday that if we had our parts ready and played, we would be able to present to him and then sign up for whichever part we wanted. He started listing the instruments, which included the steel drums, mallets, engine room, electric guitar, and drumset. The steel drums consist of lead pan, double seconds, and triple guitars. The lead pan is a single steel drum, while the doubles are two and the guitars are three. The engine room consists of instruments like congas, bongos, steel (which looks like a rusted metal part of a car's tire), timbales and shakers.
![]() |
| Wallpapers from WallpapersWide! Not Jurassic Park, but basically the same thing -- and the same music! |
When he announced the shakers, a good handful of our class went cheering, including myself, and Mr. Hughes went on to say, "And some of you are totally okay with playing the shakers. That's why this class is so great."
As I mentioned earlier, playing the drumset would be awesome, but honestly, I wouldn't mind playing anything. I'd prefer not to play any of the mallet instruments, because the two other songs I'm playing for the Drum Show (the end of year performance that we are preparing for) for both I play a mallet instrument. I'm playing vibraphone on The Percfect Medley (don't ask me why there's a c in the middle of perfect -- I think it's because of the word Percussion). And then for my other group I play marimba on a song called Undertale: Megalovania.
Then for band class right now, we were handed two new pieces three class periods ago. This got many people very excited just by looking at the titles. The first piece is Music from: The Lost World, which is a bunch of music from Jurassic Park. It's very exciting and I like it a lot because Jurassic Park is such a cool movie and I think dinosaurs are pretty cool.
The second piece is Music from: Mission Impossible. While Jurassic Park is great, I think this song is much more exciting and upbeat. I personally don't know Mission Impossible, but the music always gets me excited. It's just so good. I am very thankful to Mr. Taylor for choosing these pieces for us to play. It's very exciting and I think it will make the concert very fun for everyone.
I'm extremely excited for my end of year concerts this year. Perfect wrap-up for the concert band season and a great kickoff to Marching Band Season.

No comments:
Post a Comment