It was a glorious day, December 19th. Third Saturday of the month, and the first day of everyone's favorite school break, more commonly known as Christmas Break. The day before was an okay day, but I'm sure the best part of that last day of school for the year for everyone was the bus ride home. I had a few things planned December 19th, including the afternoon being set aside for my friends. Every year, my three friends and I get together at someone's house to play games and exchange Christmas gifts. This day is normally about a week before Christmas, seeing as Nina normally travels to New Mexico to see family. Not that Sam and Whitney aren't often traveling as well, it just happened to be that Nina was the only one to leave this year for break.
So, naturally, I show up to Nina's house to spend most of the afternoon playing Super Smash Bros. After what was probably five minutes, we started growing concerned of our AWOL friend. (AWOL is army term for Absent Without Leave.) Multiple times, we tried calling her. I think it took three calls from the each of us for her to finally pick up. Clearing up the misunderstanding that she wasn't invited (seeing as her phone was acting up and she couldn't see any of our texts about getting together later that day, and we neglected to announce it on the doc just in case...) and she came over as soon as she could. It was fun, eating food and exchanging gifts and watching me go hyper (there is a highly likely chance that there are only four people who have ever truly seen me hyper before).
The rest of Christmas break is chill. Played some Minecraft with my friends and sister for no apparent reason (I am not obsessed, I was bored). I also watched a whole ton of Fairy Tail, did some writing, reading, watched the Harry Potter movies, drawing. A bunch of things that I could find to do because I got really bored over break.
To my horror, I only went skiing twice over break. Twice. One of the days was Christmas Eve. I told myself about three days before Christmas that I had to go skiing at least once before opening presents. I felt bad for not going out more, but two and a half years of waking up at six in the morning is finally starting to catch up with me. I was so tired ever single morning, and even as I sit here in first period, I still feel the tiredness. What feels like forever ago, I was the best at waking up super early in the morning. But now, its as if I'm glued to my bed. I miss waking up earlier than everyone else and eating breakfast while everyone is still asleep. I prefer the dark.
Naturally, I'll tell you what I got for Christmas. My favorite item so far would have to be my Gryffindor scarf. I've worn it every single day since I got it. Another one of my favorite things would be the music note leggings. They're black with a white staff going down the outside with various music notes and clefs on it. I got a super warm blanket that is made of felt and has colorful music stuff on black on one side and is solid pink on the other. My mom made it, and when I opened it I got to tie the strings she cut out for something to do. It only took me about 45 minutes. It's a really big blanket. I got artist markers, chocolate, a cute little canvas poster thing that says "you had me @ meow", and an adult coloring book to use my markers in. Some of the things the whole family got were all 8 Harry Potter movies (since we only previously owned 5), and the three mini-books that J.K. Rowling wrote: Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, and The Tales of Beetle and the Bard. My least favorite present was a board game. I'm not one for board games, especially when we first get them, because whenever we get a new board game (usually for Christmas) my dad always insists I play with them. I hate it. Playing board games for me is like jumping into a lava pit. It's the worst thing in the world and I much rather be doing other things. It doesn't help that I'm always doing something I actually enjoy when Dad yells for me to come play.
![]() |
| A beautiful Christmas photo from WallpapersWide. |
Naturally, for the rest of break all I do is use my new stuff. So nothing else exciting happens for the rest of break, but there is some exciting stuff that is coming up soon that will be exciting to write about, seeing as it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world that only happens during winter. What is it? You'll have to wait and see...
I apologize for nothing extremely band related, but there's nothing really exciting that's happened that's band related over Christmas break. Seeing as I need to reach a certain amount of posts for the requirement for the Honors English class I have to complete this for, I just have to go with what's going on.

Your Christmas break seemed to be a lot more fun than mine was. I had a pretty crazy trip to Massachusetts during break. Check it out! http://indig0gh.blogspot.com/2015/12/morning-mayhem.html
ReplyDelete