All we did in that half an hour with Mr. Hughes was cut and attach stickers to these really shiny golden drum heads which acted as the awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category. After finishing with a good five minutes to spare, we hurried down to the gear storage where we'd grab our money and wait for the busses to come pick us up and drive us down for lunch.
We waited outside for a good couple minutes. The busses were nowhere to be found. We ended up walking just over three blocks down to In and Out Burger for lunch. We didn't really mind, it was a nice day out.
We walk into In and Out Burger to find that just about 90% of the store were our fellow percussionists. I found that quite amusing, but it was kind of to be expected. When I asked about lunch the day before, Mr. Hughes started listing the places we could eat and the whole room got excited when he said In and Out Burger.
I ended up getting a cheeseburger and a vanilla milkshake. It was so good. I love that place so much, even though I've only ever been there twice.
Whitney,
Emily,
Syscillia, Grace, Alice, Courtney and I were very content with our lunches. After finishing up our meals, we headed across the parking lot to a place I had never been before called the Sweet Tooth Fairy. I'd overeaten with the milkshake that actually wasn't that big along with the little cheeseburger. I still managed to convince myself to get two lollipops for myself. After walking about a block back towards the high school we performed at, I found myself wishing I'd gotten some cake bites for my dad and sister. I didn't hold it against myself for long, though, seeing as it wasn't the end of the world.
We rounded a corner and were casually walking when the weirdest thing happened. We spotted a fish. A fish! It was a nice sunny day in the middle of a nice town and there was a fish just laying on the ground! It was probably just as long as my foot and a silver color. Just laying there. The poor, dead fish. I was about to take a picture of it for whatever crazy reason when Alice decided to touch it with her foot (she was wearing shoes). The yucky splotch it left on the ground was so gross that I decided to pass on the photo.
Five meters later, we passed the Petco store. For whatever crazy reason, Syscillia, Emily, and Alice randomly decided they wanted to go looking around the store. Whitney and I were baffled as to why they wanted this, and refused to enter the stores ourselves. Don't get me wrong, I love all cute little animals (especially cats), but we were trusted with bringing ourselves down to In and Out Burger and back for one reason only. That reason is so that we could have some lunch. In no way whatsoever were we given permission to enter Petco. Courtney was almost roped into the store filled with adorable animals, but ultimately decided to come back to the high school with Whitney and me.
And with yet another really long post about our lunch break, I am going to split it into yet another part.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment